What is Ortho-Bionomy®?
Ortho-Bionomy is a gentle, non invasive body work therapy that is helpful in addressing many pain and stress conditions. Ortho-Bionomy supports your bodies innate self corrective ability through the use of gentle movement and positioning of the body as well as light compression into the joints. Therapeutic body work promotes long-lasting changes by re-educating your body so that it can effectively maintain balance and optimal functioning on its own.
Conditions which Ortho-Bionomy can help
Because of the gentle nature of Ortho-Bionomy, this work is very helpful for many different types of problems and conditions. Among those are:
- Joint and muscle pain and dysfunction
- Whiplash trauma
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Knee pain
- Ankle and foot sprains
Chronic Pain including:
- Neck and back pain
- Frozen shoulder
- TMJ (Jaw) dysfunction
Structural Imbalances including:
- Postural imbalances
- Scoliosis, kyphosis, lordosis
- Post surgery rehabilitation-especially with joints
- Leg length discrepancies
Autoimmune Disorders including:
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Thyroid imbalances
Stress-Related Symptoms including:
- General achiness or fatigue
- Disrupted sleep patterns
- Physical conditions associated with emotional stresses (depression, trauma, shock, anxiety)
Structure of an Ortho-Bionomy session
In an Ortho-Bionomy session you remain fully clothed and usually I work with you on a bodywork table, although if required we can adapt the session to sitting or standing. After a thorough intake interview we will work together to assess and support the self-correcting patterns related specifically to the issues or conditions that you are experiencing.
Because of the gentle nature of Ortho-Bionomy, this work is very helpful for many different types of problems and conditions. Some of the benefits that clients report after sessions are:
- relief from acute and chronic pain
- improved structural realignment and postural balance
- increased relaxation and greater resilience to stress
- faster recovery times from injuries
- a greater sense of self empowerment
- increased vitality and emotional balance, and an increased sense of wholeness and wellbeing
This approach is principal based and no two sessions are the same. Key principals are:
- works with you as a whole person and is adapted to you as an individual.
- promotes healing and change with ease and comfort, and without pain.
- follows and exagerates your body’s existing patterns to stimulate your body’s self correcting and self regulating mechanisms
Ortho-Bionomy is an intergrative therapy
Whilst Ortho-Bionomy is effective as a stand-alone modality it is highly complementary to any other treatments that the client may be receiving such as acupuncture, massage, chiropractic and physiotherapy as well as other medical treatment. This work does not interfere with any other modalities or treatment protocols.
Get in touch and make a booking.